Sunday, April 11, 2010

Life After the Parents

When the parents were here everything involved around them...I made sure for every Holiday we were here...There were activities...picnics and parties. The nursing home had activities and the Indepedent Living Center had activities and the Assisted Living Center had activities...

Once Mom took a little quiz on one of the Holidays they got a little prize for it and she had me hang it on my refrigerator....
Not only were there activities but I felt like a "Mother" as I had become a parent to the parent...
When My Dad had back surgery I dressed him, helped him put his shoes on, I spent the night in the Hospital with him...
Then after Dad I immediately began to help Mom...I helped her dress last year on Mothers Day week-end I was in charge of their meds, of all the decisions...It became a big responsibility and a Major undertaking..

Now that they are gone there is a big void...I am No one, I go to church where everyone is Mother or a GrandMother and I ask WHO am I?? There are no longer any parties or events, no activity no one to care for...

I get sad and I used to think "Why is God allowing my parents to live so long??" Well now I know It was hard and stressful work but it kept me going...so I ask
What now???

No comments: