Friday, June 4, 2010

fear and faith






























About a week ago we had a very scarry incident...
as I was walking my boys down the neighborhood street
a big dog came out of the yard next to the house we were in front of...
He was a very hugh dog and as soon as he saw us he started bounding to us

There were children with him however the dog did not heed the children calling
him back instead he bounced ontop of my little Babe...

If it were not for a man who came from across the street it could have been worse...
Poor Babe could have been dead or had deadly bites...
It was bad enough...

I called my husband who rushed to our aide...
All the children said was that they did not see us...

It first of all makes me mad...
The incident should have never happened...
Not only do people not care anymore but they teach their children not to care
They teach their children you don't have to obey the leash laws that it does not apply to them..

The dogs owner did not even apologize...He just took the dog and went inside..
If it were "Leave it to Beaver" the Beaver would have had to first apologize to the victim,
then make restitution...but in this day and time...the parent does not care nor will he teach his children to care

Second it has made me scared...
After walking my dogs for over 4 years in our neighborhood I now do not feel safe...
I at first was fearful to walk my boys anywhere since then I have finally gotten enough courage
to walk them in a local park however I now carry my pepper spray and am constantly on the look out...
Even at our property I had my husband to buy a dog run and we put it up so that at night I will have a safe place to take the dogs out...

And third I filed charges against the dog owner...Many have criticized me for doing this however I feel like "What if this would have been a child??" and for the owner not to care or feel bad...
The authorities came and took the dog and then we have a court hearing to determine if the dog is a vicious dog...and if so then the owner will have to abide by certain laws (hello have you heard of a leash??)

I have since sent the owner copies of my bill...if I receive no response I will have to take him to small claims court for expenses...Am I being too unreasonable?? No since my dog got victimized...If it would not have been for my little guy the dog could have gotten a bite out of me..then we would not just be looking at vet bills but hospital bills as well...

Until the public realizes the reason for Leash laws it will never change and people will feel like the law is not for them to follow...

No comments: