Sunday, May 23, 2010

Memorial Day 2010







Here it is Memorial Day and we will be going to the Lake
So I decided to go to the store and buy flowers for Mom and Dads grave..
No big deal, not really...
I really don't believe in decorating graves...at least not until last year...

Last year I took Mom to the cemetary where they had a ceremony and we decorated
Dads grave and they read his name because he was a veteran

So first I went to the store and got the flowers one for Moms grave and one for Dads grave
then I picked up and dogs and took them to see my elderly aunt...she is now 86 and the last
one of that era in the family...
She is blessed to have grandchildren and their husbands even though they do not come about
She was worried about DHS cutting off her money and having to move into a nursing home...
I wish we could take her to live with us here...as I hate seeing anyone move into a nursing home..

I then took the dogs and headed to the cemetary...I put the flowers on the graves...I then headed home...It was not until I went past where Target and Wal-Mart used to be that it really hit me...I HATE coming through this part of town...
such memories...when Mom and I would go Christmas shopping together or just shopping together...when I went to Target to get them a shower curtain because Mom could not get into the tub with the shower doors there and we had to take them down and put up a shower curtain...when they called me from work because Mom fell at Wal-Mart...when we went Christmas shopping first to Target then across the street to Wal-Mart then down the street to Ventures then over to the Mall...sadly all are gone...baren and vacant just like what they have left in my heart and life...How much I miss them...the city has changed, my life has changed...I long to just go back five years...I long for them to talk to me again...to laugh together to love together...as I got home I had a bag of sunglasses I had taken out of my car that was towed because the hail totaled...what did I find in the bottom??? small kernals of popcorn from when Mom and I used to go see Christmas lights every year...a tradition...one that will never happen again...Yes Memorial Day and I remember my parents and how much I miss them...tears fall so slowly as I remember all the good times and bad times we had together...I had the best parents ever...Maybe I was too close to them but my husband would tell me often..."go take care of your parents they won't be here forever!!" so now I am to go take care of my husband...

No comments: