Sunday, November 14, 2010

Veterans Day 2010

This was my first Veterans day without Mom...
Not that Mom was a Vet but it was OUR day to start Christmas shopping...
I thought I would be sad...but I wasn't instead I was off work and got necessary repairs
or rather maintenance work done on my car then I took my Veteran husband out to dinner...
We met another couple there and ended up all 4 of us eating together...

I did not get any shopping done but did get most done on Saturday afterwards...and I have
had several shopping trips with my High School friends...It is not like I am totally alone..

I felt proud and saw on FB where everyone was honoring the Veterans I even posted hubbys
service picture...
yes Mom and Dad may be gone but life goes on and the memories of them and what they stood for lingers on...Dad as a Veteran and Mom in all her wisdom telling me how to fold the towels!!

No comments: