Monday, April 12, 2010

Sticks and Stones

There is an old saying...."Sticks and Stones may break my bones....but words will never hurt me"
My husband and I were talking about this the other day...How untrue the saying is...How words will hurt you...someone elses words will hurt you...How some things you never get over...It never heals and is a constant nagging on your heart and your life...
With my Mom is was her TB and losing a child at birth...With my sister it is something that Mom said to her years ago and she cannot let go of...
With me it is the inability to have a child...Being a childless woman in a Parental world...

and Yes words do hurt...words like..."You are lucky you don't have children" or
"You haven't lived until you have become a grandparent" or "I have a question for all your Mothers"...Yes words do hurt...Yet words also heal...

I have a saying I like to live by...
Don't be sad for what you don't have but be glad for what you do have...
I just heard one recently...God is good....................All the time....
Everyday is a good day...some are just better than others.....
Well the other day I was a little down and depressed when a long time friend of mine told me this.....
A Miracle would Not be a Miracle if it happened all the time....WOW!!! How true is that??
Did God heal everyone who could not walk??? Did God give sight to every single blind person??
If he had it would not have been a Miracle when he did!!!
I may not have received the Miracle that I had so wanted but I have received much more...
I have received true blessings from friendships!!!
God loves us and does not have to preform a Miracle for me to believe that!!

No comments: