Friday, April 2, 2010

Escaping down the road

At first we starting camping for FUN...we were young and had a tent...we dealt with rain and storms and life was simple...I still remember camping trips with Dad when I was growing up and now with my husband...
Then we got into Motorcycles and had a cargo trailer that held a tent...we packed it full...tent and sleeping bags...we then went onto a timeout trailer that you pull behind the motorcycle and it folded out into three rooms...
We are now outta bikes and life is slowing down a little
So we started out with a bumper pull trailer and now a fifth wheel (the dogs have more room to run...gotta get it for the dogs...LOL)
But we found our camping trips became stress free weekends because I had my dad in a nursing home and it was really hard...then Mom fell..I had to move her into Independent living..at one time I was trying to help both Mom and Dad and clean out their house with stuff accumulated for over 50 yrs plus go on our stress free camping trips...It was our get-away trips..
Well now Mom and Dad are gone...Mom passed in Dec and our neighbors to whom celebrated Holidays with us are moving and we are finding we have no family close to us...
So our camping trips are becoming Get-away from life trips...
When we are feeling sad...we go camping. When there is a Holiday and there are lots of families we go camping...Instead of the BIG Ham dinner for Easter (that Mom loved) we go camping with lots of chocolate and Hamburgers..
I was never privilaged to be a Mother however I would take Mom to church on Mothers day to honor her...I always felt out of place and when they had all the mothers stand except me It would hurt my heart down deep...so for Mothers Day I go camping with my husband and my two dogs...I can feel Human and my sensativity is not as previliant...
Camping is becoming a run-away lifestyle..but a free and easy one that makes us feel better..
We are in the 1% catagory that never had children and wanted to...Only God knows WHY but when we go camping we can get with Him and realize He does offer a way of escape...to enjoy His nature and His goodness and not feel so sad anymore...

No comments: