Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cell Phone Silence

We got our cell phones so we could reach each other easily and so that when something happened to Mom and Dad we could be contacted easier...
We have loved our cell phones and at times gone over our minutes....
The aide would call "Your Mom is impossible!!! She won't take a shower" or "Your Dad fell" "is he OK" "Yes he is fine just bruised" over and over it rang with both good news and bad...

I would call my Mom and she would call me...talked to Mom just about every day...(even on vacation) talked to my Aunt also...we came from a family of talkers at least Mom, aunt Goldie and I....we all loved it...

I would tell Mom about the doggies...It would cheer her up...

But now my cell phone is silent...dead as a door...I play the games on it and check my e-mail
Oh I may get an occasional phone call but it is definately not ringing off the hook...
I am sad
The next generation does not call...they text or facebook and so people like me sit in silence...
I am beginning to HATE this new generational communication...

My sister would not call my Mom...she does not call me...she instead sends 4 page letters telling how much money she does not have...duh!!!
That is not communication at all...

I would just love to throw my phone in the trash...what good is it?? I can't wait until all these Holidays are over with and maybe I will get happier...

No comments: