Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What is Grief

Ever wonder what Grief is???

Heck if it is crying all the time after losing someone I think I do qualify!!

Seems like when you lose someone you get all kinds of cards...
people box you in "Call me if you need me" or "I will be praying for you"
Oh all this is good and appreciated but then what about the week after or the month afterwards??

Does grief last a few days then goes away??
I remember after Mom passed I was OK until the day of the funeral then I went limp...
I had to have the neighbor help me dress...
and the following Sunday oh I was OK at church then I broke down in the middle of Kohls...
Me the person that definately does not like to call people called a friend of mine who talked me through it...
"yes you are normal" "go to your car and have a good cry and yes, dear this will not be the last time"

So after losing three in two years I am going to attend a Grief support group...
By the time my life is finished I will be a member of so many support groups it will be a record...
A weight support group, an Alzheimers support group, care-givers support group, Grief Support group and a Stitchers support group....

Maybe I will get answers and maybe not but at least I am trying!! As long as we try that is what counts!!

No comments: