Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My Church

Ok guess I will tell a bit about my church...

Kinda strange...It is a BIG church and I mean BIG has probably 5,000 members...
We are not close to anyone in the church...we have acquaintances in the church but not anyone I feel I could call and talk to..

We choose this church because alot of times we were in a small church and with not having kids they thought we had just all the time in the world and we ended up doing about everything...just got tired...
For along time we rode motorcycles so we were gone and had no church home...we were in a Christian Motorcycle ministry so not like we didn't get preached to...
Then came caring for the parents...when Dad moved in with us I concentrated on him and Mom
Told dad "you took me to church when I was little so we will make sure you can go to your church" poor man he was a deacon in his church and had Parkinsons but he did his church records for his SS class...so every Sunday Dad and I would head to his church I would drop him off to be with Mom and his class...then I would go home (our only time to be along with each other) and then I would pick him up after church where Mom would come over and we would all have dinner together (had a family then at least)
Then when dad got in the nursinghome I was soooo upset and crying all the time (don't think I have ever stopped) and that is when we joined the church...we would go every other week as I took turns (with their aide) taking Mom to SS then across the street to be with Dad They would sit together in church at the nursinghome and hold hands it was quite sweet...

We were under so much stress I would write a Prayer request every week...they have a terrific prayer ministry and I was grateful..

The church has been helpful during both the deaths of my parents...
It is just kinda strange going to a church where the Pastor does not even know you...Oh he knows our name but that is about it...
Alot of times we feel lost...
They have alot of activities for parents and teens and little kids but nothing for a couple like us that has no family...they even have a Womans activities but I am gone so much with my cross-stiitch friends that I feel guilty leaving my husband at home all the time...
We need couples activities and I can see my husband has no "Christian men friends" He needs some but has done...I get worried about that but then I cannot change things...
I have alot of Christian women friends from my Cross-Stitch group, my HS friends, and work but My husband does not have that...

I think of all the pastors we have had in the past...Bro John and Bro Delancey were both terrific and have since gone to be with God...so having a pastor that is so distant is strange...I tried once to go on a Sunday Night but ended up in tears remembering my great pastor...I don't believe you should be sad when you go to church...NO Way...

I don't blame the pastor because this is the church we have chosen at the time...I just remember the great ones I have had....and wish my husband could find the good Christian men examples like I have had in the past...

And so we go to church...why because we should but we also have our enjoyment at the lake (we have made lots of friends there) no we are not sinners just a loving couple that does not want to spend their lives just going to work and church and that is all...we believe in having FUN!!!

No comments: